Export Office: Export Licences
Certain types of goods and trading activity need an Export Licence depending on their nature and destination.
It is a criminal offence to export licensable goods and technologies without a licence and it is the exporter’s responsibility to undertake due diligence in this area.
Ignorance is not accepted as an excuse!
Non-compliance can result in your goods being impounded by HMRC, restoration charges and fines– not to mention a disgruntled customer!
South Yorkshire International Trade Centre (SYITC) can guide you through the processes of Export Licenses, offering the following range of services:
- A review on whether any of your products or technologies may require a licence
- Advise on the type of licence you will require
- Submit export licence applications on your behalf
- Put in place systems and procedures which will help ensure that you fulfil your compliance responsibilities
- Train your staff to deal with licence applications and compliance issues.
- Establish clear lines of reporting responsibility